Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Seventh Day of School

Special 'thank you' to the parents who took time out of their day to come to our Back-to-School Night. I'm hoping this is the start of a great year. I aim to make it as stress free and as fun as possible.

One thing I forgot to talk about in Unsatisfactory Notices. What I mention to parents' about these is that they are required communications by the district to inform parents that there may be a chance your child could be getting a 1 or 2 on their next progress report in the subject indicated on the communication and there is still time to focus on that area before final grades for the period are posted, albeit not a great amount of time. It is not necessary to communicate the contents of the 'Unsat. Notices' with a 1st grade child. The information is primarily for the parent.

Today we listened to the story, The Goose that Layed the Golden Egg. Moral: People who are greedy risk losing everything.

2 comments:

  1. It was good to meet you and learn about the class and what will be taught. What concerns me is seeing how back to school night was not so organized and time not managed well. It's great that the standards are high but is that realistically manageable for you and your class to get to those goals? I will do my part as much as I can to work with you and my child. Thank you again for meeting with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. It was my pleasure. The teams of adopters which included politicians, educators, and parents seemed to think it was attainable. I can only promise to do my best at showing progress in every student while at the same time keeping the experience as pleasant as possible. Thank you for continuing this important conversation and stepping up to help.

    ReplyDelete

One Hundred Twenty-Fifth Day of School

In Social Science, we have been mapping skills and have been learning about cardinal/relative directions and how to use them. These skills w...